Difference between OTC Insoles and Custom Orthotics
Many of our first-time customers come to us with questions about the difference between over-the-counter insoles and custom orthotics. They often wonder which is the best suited for their needs.
For some individuals who require general arch support and pain relief, an inexpensive OTC insole is a great option. While others who spend many hours a day on their feet or who have foot-related issues, a better choice might be custom orthotics.
1. Great way to provide general arch support.
2. They use a variety of different materials to allow our Fitting Experts to fit you with the right type of insole for your feet.
3. An affordable way to provide immediate pain relief.
1. A custom foot orthotic is made from a 3-D impression of your foot, which provides a more precise contouring of your foot shape.
2. They are also adjustable to provide a more fine-tuned fit and supportive feel.
3. Custom foot orthotics can be designed to fit a broader range of shoe types.
READ MORE: Top 3 Signs You Might Need Orthotics
When you come into a Kintec location, our Fitting Experts will be able to guide you through a fitting process and help you determine which product would be better suited to your individual needs.